Friday, September 19, 2014

Power of Desire

Power of Desire

The power of desire is only matched by the power of fear.  Fear of getting sick, the fear of ailments, and the fear of the situation getting worse. The problem with fear is that it is in the future…until it is actually in the present, then fear actually becomes desire. The desire to recover from being sick, the desire to be free from an ailment, and the desire to make things better.
Fear is the future. Desire is the present. When you get your desire to make a change stronger than your ability to accept the status quo that is when positive change can happen. Sometimes, you just have to go in faith. Go with your desire, make a plan, and make it happen!
 

Fear of Failure

Sometimes fear of failure can keep us from even trying to live out our desires. I completely understand! When I decided it was time to lose weight I didn’t tell anyone until I had lost 10 pounds. I wanted to make sure that I was able to do this and I didn’t want to start something and then have everyone ask me…how is it coming!! Once I lost 10 pounds I felt confident that I could lose the weight that I wanted which was about 35 pounds. I needed that boost of confidence of those 10 pounds.

Progress

Remember to appreciate your progress! So many times we make progress and then we take it for granted and it slips away. So take time to appreciate your progress but keep your next goal in mind. Stay the course. Know what your plan is and when it is time to transition to maintenance. Don’t underestimate the words, “Good job!” can make to your psyche. Being proud of your own progress is paramount to future success.
Here is to wishing you all the success you desire!

Sherri Sue Fisher, author of TimerDiet and TimerOrganizer

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments. I can't wait to read them! Sherri Sue Fisher