Friday, June 6, 2014

The One Thing


The One Thing


Daily Exercise
I get asked this question often, “What is the ‘One Thing’ that you need to do to lose weight. I used to dread this question since there isn’t just “One Thing.”  But I know people want to know the gist of what my book is about and I get that.

I used to be vague


I would say it is more about a lifestyle change to which I got a little bit of “I don’t think so” looks. No one really wants to change their lifestyle, especially if they can’t visualize what it will look like.

So then I tried being more specific


I decided to give them the premise in a few short sentences: “Well, you want to eat a well-balanced diet that consists of dietary fat, protein, and carbohydrates at each and every meal so you don’t over eat. And be sure to exercise every day in order to keep your appetite steady. Then I would feel bad that I didn’t tell them to eat eggs for breakfast whenever possible and cheese and crackers before bed if they are hungry and everything else that is in the 250 pages of my book that will help them achieve success. But their eyes were already glazed over with the ‘too much information’ look.

But, then I would think…

Drink plenty of water

Why don’t they just read the book? There are so many diet books out there and I don’t blame someone if they feel oh this is just another book telling me I have to change my entire way of living and eat bean sprouts and wheat grass, stop drinking wine and eating white bread (I don’t have any of those restrictions or ideas in my book, by the way) But, I get it, how do you know for sure? You don’t. Until you read the entire book from beginning to end you won’t know all there is to losing the weight and keeping it off. The mindset and thought process along the way are key in losing weight, yet cannot be explained in coffee banter.
Get plenty of sleep

I hope you try it


Really the only way to explain it is to read it and try it. It will change the way you look at food and exercise and how to enjoy your life. So to those who read the entire book and understand now all that goes into really losing weight on your own terms making your own rules and keeping the weight off once you have figured out your best weight for you—Thank you!

Thank you for believing in me that I would give you great advice that you could use and more importantly want to use.

And to those who are not ready and yet want to know the “One Thing”


So you still want to know the “One Thing” to do to lose weight, I would say this, “be sure to stop eating at the point you are no longer hungry—if you need to eat again because you got hungry again, go for it!” Learn to NOT like the feeling of being full and embrace satisfied. It is all about trial and error and listening to your body.

Bon appétit

Sherri Sue Fisher, author of TimerDiet
Available in Hardback, paperback, e-book, and audio book
www.timerdiet.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments. I can't wait to read them! Sherri Sue Fisher