Saturday, June 14, 2014

Eat Butter

Eat Butter


Eat butter is the newest and latest scientific study reported by: Bryan Walsh in Time Magazine in its article “Eat Butter.” dated June 23, 2014 to come out and actually be in favor of what I wrote in my last book TimerDIET, where on page #33 I specifically say,

“Butter is as basic as it gets—salt and cream—just two basic ingredients combined together to make an amazing thing called butter. I use it every day! I think butter gets a bad reputation because…”

Well you should really read everything I have to say on the subject and that of eating well-balanced in general.

Butter is NOT the enemy

What Do We Eat?


Of course no one (not yet anyway) is recommending that you live your life on butter alone, even though I am sure there is going to be a surge in the buying of butter, which is sad for those of us who have been using it all along and seeing the price steadily increase over the last few months. But, I have digressed…sorry! You should eat a well-balanced diet and that means (in my opinion) to include dietary fat, protein, and carbohydrates with each and every meal. So that means if you have fruit (carbs) then you need dietary fat and protein, perhaps cheese or maybe a hard-boiled egg. I personally love tomatoes, green onions and a hard-boiled egg. But, then I also love some wine and cheese (the perfect pairing in my world!)

What Not to Eat?


I am going to go out on a limb here and say, “Do NOT eat a stick of butter!” I know it is harsh and very definitive, but don’t do it. It won’t help you lose weight and it won’t make you feel very good either. Don’t eat foods that you cannot control yourself with. I rarely eat potato chips since for me it is true, I can’t eat just one…what a declarative statement if there was one. The slogan is a warning. Don’t eat to the point of feeling full. Yes, this is what I talked about last week in my blog, “The One Thing.” But it deserves repeating. If you are full, you ate too much, just relax and write down why you think you ate too much and then as they say, “try, try again”. Learning to eat the right amount of food FOR YOU, takes a little trial and error, but once you learn your ‘sweet-spot’, you will find losing weight and keeping it off simpler than you imagined.

So here is to all of you that are going to the store right now and buying butter, I am glad you now know it is not the enemy, but I hope the price doesn’t soar because of this!

Sherri Sue Fisher, author of TimerDiet
www.timerdiet.com

And to be released very, very soon TimerOrganizer!
www.timerorganizer.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments. I can't wait to read them! Sherri Sue Fisher